Are you a young person who has the love for computers, technology, entrepreneurship and who is keen to improve your life skills? Are you looking for a reputable youth institution to learn skills that would take you to the next level? You are at the right place!
At Kampabits we have simple guidelines that we use to select students who diverse the chance to learn this vital skills that are almost required in all careers in the 21st century.
We appreciate and acknowledge everyone’s enthusiasm to learn and be part of the large Kampabits family, but we can only serve those that are within our definition which is stated clearly in our mission and vision statement.
Please follow the link below to find the list of Community Based Organisations(CBOs) we work with
SKILLS GAP EXCHANGE PROGRAM AT KAMPABITS
- To enhance the capacity development in the areas of training, innovation, creativity and administration.
- To provide technical support to the KampaBits team.
- To enhance cross cultural learning through exchanging skills in multimedia or other related fields.
The main objective of KampaBits establishing the volunteer-ship program is to help with facilitation of peer to peer learning and skills transfer which shall enable us to bridge the gaps that emerge in the dynamic field of ICT thus expanding our outreach by connection with experts through volunteer-ships. KampaBits team and the volunteers will get a chance to learn new skills while embracing diversity in many forms. Currently we are looking for people who have the time, skills, passion and expertise in web and mobile technology with great emphasis on current ICT trends. To explore as many avenues as possible we are also open to accommodate other skills or expertise which is not mentioned… So if you are visiting Uganda and you have some hours to tour the beautiful city of Kampala, you can share some hours by changing someone’s life through conducting a motivational or educational session at KampaBits.
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” ~Elizabeth Andrew
WHO CAN APPLY?
- KampaBits alumni working in any multimedia and software development company or field.
- Local experts in ICT or related field.
- International experts in ICT or related field.
- College and Univesity students in ICT or related field.
- Employees and employers of any ICT company or related field.
- Potential / current partner organizations.
- And any creative or innovative person either an artist, designer, programmer, photographer etc.
BECOME A BUSINESS PARTNER
To increase their competitiveness in the job market, KampaBits trains the youth in life skills, entrepreneurship, Sexual Reproductive Health and seeks to stimulate their creativity through molding personal talents. As a result, KampaBits seeks to ensure that the beneficiaries apply the technology in their own specific situations.
KampaBits therefore, seeks to partner with companies and organizations to find job and internship placements for the youth who have successfully graduated as web designers and developers. This partnership is geared towards empowering the youth and increasing their job competitiveness in the ICT sector.
KampaBits will be happy to partner with your organization in this worthy endeavor aimed at reducing poverty among the young people in the Uganda.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further clarifications or comments about this program.